New Zealand Student Visa Information

All about visas
Having a visa and permit for study in New Zealand means you can study in New Zealand for a set time at a specified institution as a full-time student

Length of stay

You can only stay in New Zealand on a student permit for a limited time.

If you are a full fee student you may be granted a student permit for the period that you have paid course fees (up to a maximum of four years).  If your course is based on the New Zealand academic year, and you’ve paid your fees for the year, we may grant you a student permit that expires on 31 March of the following year.

Applying for a student visa
The application process below is for people who want to apply for a student visa or permit. This may include people who want to travel to New Zealand to study, people who want to stay temporarily in New Zealand to study, and people already here on another permit who want to study in New Zealand full time.

The application steps

Complete the form

Print and complete the form
Student Visa/Permit Application (INZ 1012) PDF. Also available is the Student Visa/Permit Guide (INZ 1013) PDF, which will assist you in applying. If you cannot print the form and guide, they are available from your nearest Immigration New Zealand branch.

Make sure you submit everything we require, including the fee
Along with your completed (and signed) application form you will also need to provide all the information listed at the back of the application form and the correct fee. If you do not submit the required information with your application we cannot accept it for processing. 
Make sure you meet our health requirements
What you have to provide us with depends on how long you will be staying in New Zealand. 

Studying in New Zealand for between six months and one year?
You may also need to provide a completed
Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate (NZIS 1096) PDF to show you have been screened for tuberculosis (TB). 

Studying in New Zealand for more than one year?
You will need to complete a 
medical examination and a medical and X-ray certificate.
Pregnant women and children under the age of 11 years are not required to submit X-ray certificates unless a special report is required.
For full details on our health requirements, see the
Health Requirements Leaflet (NZIS 1121) PDF.

Make sure your meet our character requirements
If you are studying in New Zealand for more than two years you will also have to provide a
police certificate, less than six months old, from your country of citizenship and from any country in which you have lived for five or more years since reaching 17 years of age.

Lodge your application
If you are applying from outside of New Zealand, your application must be made and approved before you are able to travel to New Zealand. 
Find out where to send your application.

Study in Waikato Institute of Education
To study English in one of best English language school in New Zealand

Student Visa Free Countries New Zealand
Student Visa for New Zealand

Student Visa Guide and Form

Apply NZ Student Visa from Your Country
Application to Study in New Zealand
Guide for Studying in New Zealand
FAQ: Student Visa Application
Can you study in New Zealand and How ?
Guide to Living and Studying in New Zealand

Study English to Work
 To improve your English while gaining practical
knowledge of how to find a job in New Zealand
Information for Study in New Zealand

About us | Contact us | Privacy Policy | Link